Selected Data Sets for Extreme Wind Speeds
The following data sets for extreme wind speeds are
available at this site:
- Directional Wind Speeds
- Non-Directional Wind
- Daily Maximum Wind Speeds
- Texas Tech/CSU data
- Hurricane Wind Speeds
- An Automated Surface Observing System (ASOS) site list is
available for about 180 primary sites listed on
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/ncdc.html. To access the
ASOS site list, once you are at the NCDC web site (courtesy
of William Brown of the National Climatic Data Center):
Further information on anemometer elevation history and
software for extracting wind
speed data is available.
- Click on "Start here" along the left margin.
- Click on "Inventories" at the bottom right.
- Click on the fourth link, "Inventories/Surface
- Click on the second link, "Surface Inventories/Lists".
- The ASOS site list is the first link.