- Does the primary factor (X1) have an effect?
- What is the optimal level of the primary factor?
- Vertical Axis : Response
- Horizontal Axis: Nuisance (secondary) factors (X2, X3, X4)
- Plot character : Primary factor (X1)
- Factor 1 (X1) is statistically significant
- The optimal setting for factor 1 is X1 = 2
- There is no interaction between X1 and the 3 nuisance factors
- There exist 2 outlying (X2,X3,X4) conditions:
- (X2,X3,X4) = (1,1,2) and (2,2,1)
- NIST/SEMATECH Handbook Chapter:
Exploratory Data Analysis