The target database contains 800 complete 3D models, which are categorized into 40 classes. In each class there are 20 models. The file format to represent the 3D models is the ASCII Object File Format (*.off).
- The participants must register by sending a message to SHREC@nist.gov. Early registration is encouraged, so that we get an impression of the number of participants at an early stage.
- The database will be made available via this website. Similarly the query set will be made available, against which the evaluation will be run.
- Participants will submit the ranked lists and similarity scores for the query set. Upto 5 ranked lists per query set may be submitted, resulting from different runs. Each run may be a different algorithm, or a different parameter setting. More information on the rank list file format.
- The evaluations will be done automatically.
- The organization will release the evaluation scores of all the runs.
- The participants write a one page description of their method and commenting the evaluation results with two figures.
- The track results are combined into a joint paper, published in the proceedings of the Eurographics Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval.
- The description of the tracks and their results are presented at the Eurographics Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval (May 2, 2010).
|January 26||- Call for participation.|
|January 29||- The target data set and a sample query set will be available on line. We will provide 5 sample queries. The final query set will not contain the sample queries.|
|February 3||- Please register before this date.|
|February 3||- Distribution of the final query sets. Participants can start the retrieval.|
|February 13||- Submission of results (ranked lists) and a one page description of their method(s).|
|February 17||- Distribution of relevance judgments and evaluation scores.|
|February 20||- Submission of final descriptions (two page) for the contest proceedings.|
|February 24||- Track is finished, and results are ready for inclusion in a track report|
|March 7||- Camera ready track papers submitted for printing|
|May 2||- EUROGRAPHICS Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval including SHREC'2010|