The objective of this shape retrieval contest is to retrieve 3D models those are relevant to a query range scan. This task corresponds to a real life scenario where the query is a 3D range scan of an object acquired from an arbitrary view direction. The algorithm should retrieve the relevant 3D objects from a database.
The target database contains 1200 complete 3D models, which are categorized into 60 classes. In each class there are 20 models. The file format to represent the 3D models is the ASCII Object File Format (*.off).
- The participants must register by sending a message to email@example.com. Early registration is encouraged, so that we get an impression of the number of participants at an early stage.
- The database will be made available via this website. Similarly the query set will be made available, against which the evaluation will be run.
- Participants will submit the ranked lists and similarity scores for the query set. Upto 5 ranked lists per query set may be submitted, resulting from different runs. Each run may be a different algorithm, or a different parameter setting. More information on the rank list file format.
- The evaluations will be done automatically.
- The organization will release the evaluation scores of all the runs.
- The participants write a one to page page description of their method and commenting the evaluation results with two figures.
- The track results are combined into a joint paper, published in the proceedings of the Eurographics Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval.
- The description of the tracks and their results are presented at the Eurographics Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval (May 2-3, 2015).
|January 01||- Call for participation.|
|January 15||- Sample query scans and target models will be available on line.|
|February 1||- Please register before this date.|
|February 1||- Distribution of the final query set and target database. Participants can start the retrieval.|
|February 15||- Submission of results (ranked lists) and a one page description of their method(s).|
|February 20||- Distribution of relevance judgments and evaluation scores.|
|February 28||- Submission of final report for Review|
|March 15||- March 15, 2015: All reviews due, feedback and notifications|
|March 30||- Camera ready track papers submitted for printing|
|May 2-3, 2015||- EUROGRAPHICS Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval including SHREC'2015|